Friday, May 21, 2010

What’s All the Blogger Buzz About?

So I saw that Blogger Buzz had over 3,000 followers. Whoa that's a lot. That many followers would get you a religion by UK Census standards. (How do I gain my own Bloger-based religion?) While reading the boring not so great Blogger Buzz, I saw it had links to these 3,000 "followers." So I was curious and clicked on a few to see what their blogs were like. Am I par the course?

This one is hilarious but not on purpose:
http://sangkutsa.blogspot.com/

"All it takes is 250 cups of White Hat Yogurt for us to provide one scholar with one year of high school education, and when one unites, it can do so much more."

Isn't high school free?

Aside from this, most of the blogs were so-so that I looked at. They read like family Christmas letters. Some were nearly funny or accidentally funny and some were a little interesting and a little funny (on purpose). Most tried too hard or not enough. Many took themselves way too seriously. I probably fit one of those last three categories.

I guess most blogs (including mine?) are written in a way that only family and friends of the author would give a poo about. And that's the way they likes it.

So is my blog pretty OK in comparison? Iunno, maybe. It's not as popular as that lying potty mouth Julie Powell's blog. They probably won't ever make my blog into half a movie (without taking some big liberties). But then again, why would I want my life to only amount to half a movie? That's lame. I will take a whole movie or none at all. But if I unite I can do so much more!
I'll leave you with these words of wisdom:

"Every moments with her..every minutes with her...every seconds with her...and i wished that she'll never was to be a part of me before!!!"

Right on, brother.

3 comments:

  1. Odd. So the first one seemed to be poorly translated from some other language, high school is free in the Philippines, and the last one was not translated from another language; it was still written in something other than English.


    Ima stick to reading blogs of people I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that poetry at the end was inspiring. And I'm ashamed to say that I read the entire yogurt blog. The tense was all over the place! But I think I'm with Rachel--I'll stick with blogs I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, hwo do you know it was "translated" and not just crappy English?

    Camilla, you should follow the link for that poem. I think it goes on for a while. It makes my spider poetry seem not awful.

    ReplyDelete