Monday, May 17, 2010

I am Just a Red Itch to Scratch

So the customer service cyborg man keeps calling me Jonathan Red-Itch. Probably the stress is getting to him from his crazy work hours. He works all the time! And he works for my credit card company and my cell phone company. Sometimes I call him. Sometimes he calls me. We are pretty close by now. So you would think I wouldn't have to keep correcting him. Where does he get the "itch" from? I could see "awch" but not "ich" so much. Reddoch pronounced as Reddock is way too incredible for him.

Spellcheck always wants to call me Jonathan Reddish. They also suggest Reddick (guess Bill Gates is a big fan of the Chronicles of). Reditch works for me. I say we stick with that. Rachel and I will be Red Itches. At least I will have one less problem calling my credit card company. Dial 1 to be told you don't know how to pronounce your own name. Sorry to be such a red itchy annoyance, customer service cyborg.

Actually after Googling red itch, the results are not pretty. Well whatever, neither am I.

3 comments:

  1. 1. Gross.

    2. Cyborgs are doing the best they can. They don't know how to pronounce anyone's name. My dad's name is always pronounced ver-NAL. We get some interesting variations on Bohman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. every time West calls to tell us anything, we're always the bomb-mans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The West? Like when California or Nevada call?

    ReplyDelete