Saturday, May 29, 2010

Parking Violators

I had a friend at work post a blog about someone who parked terribly at the grocery store parking lot. Bad parking for sure. But nowhere near as bad as my little Rachel. Worst parker alive.

Here is Rachel's parking at her average. I took this photo this morning.



Not too, too shabby. She's mostly in the lines. I should point out that she tries really, really hard at this. She gives it her best go. But really it is always a crap shoot with her.

Nevertheless, brace yourself for the worst parking job of the last 250 thousand years. And I of all people was the parking violator in question.


In all honesty Rachel has done worse (parking right over that line) but we don't have current photographic record to amuse ourselves with.


So parking isn't my thing. And it definitely isn't Rachel's. I do all right most of the time since that infamous day. Bear in mind that I was rushed and those empty spots in the photo were all crammed with cars and the car that was parked in front of me was over the line a little. And I had trouble squeezing beside the colossal gas/space guzzler truck next to me. It was a tight fit and Ol' Betsy (may she rest in pieces) was a hefty gal. Did I mention I was running late for class?

Rachel blames her bad parking on a lack of visualization. I blame mine on laziness, carelessness, nonchalantitiy, laziness, poor training, and lack of hand eye coordination. And laziness.

Did I mention I got 6 parking tickets in a 2 month period at BYU? But that was only because I couldn't register my vehicle because. . . I don't know. There was a reason. I think it needed a new everything to pass safety and emissions.

3 comments:

  1. Parking is hard. Don't judge me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fine I'll judge you for something else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parking is dumb. I park badly to make a statement. Cause it's dumb.

    ReplyDelete