Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My Marxists

Here is a list of some of my most favorite Marxists.

Leon Trotsky Famous for being portrayed as a cute lil piggy in a cartoon and live action film called Animal Farm. Based on some book by some guy. Babe has nothing on Snowball. Stabbed to death by an ice pick. That's gangsta!



Frida Kahlo Famous for her sweet moustache and unibrow. She also painted when not in full body cast.



Diego Rivera Made murals popular in Mexico. No seriously. That's a big deal.

Salvador Allende Famous for sporting Buddy Holly glasses until Nixon broke them. He was also Preseidente of Chile. I guess that's some kind of country.



Pablo Neruda Famous for being quoted by Lisa Simpson one time. Chilean senator who stood up for freedom. Author and poet.

Always

I am not jealous
of what came before me.

Come with a man
on your shoulders,
come with a hundred men in your hair,
come with a thousand men between your breasts and your feet,
come like a river
full of drowned men
which flows down to the wild sea,
to the eternal surf, to Time!

Bring them all
to where I am waiting for you;
we shall always be alone,
we shall always be you and I
alone on earth,
to start our life!

Barack Hussein Obama Mmmm. Mmmmm. Mmmmm. Famous for being African American and also President. Just kidding, he shouldn't be on this list. He isn't one of my favorite Marxists.


That is all for now.

5 comments:

  1. we learned about Diego Rivera in Spanish class! once he painted a mural for the Rockefellers, but then the main person in it was Lenin. the Rockefellers were angry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad that I didn't make it onto this list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, you are my favorite fascist. I'll refer to you as Mama R.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barack Hussein Obama, mmmm mmmmm mmmm. Man, that's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's gonna make the country strong again.

    ReplyDelete