Friday, July 16, 2010

Mrs. Information

So I was just thinking about the time I took Rachel to the hospital to see a gynecologist for her pre-wedding check up. We couldn't find the office so I asked the old lady at the information booth if she knew where the gynecologists were located in the building. She must have been the world's oldest candy striper [click on this link and you won't regret it] but that was four months ago so I have to assume she's probably long dead by now.

Speaking of assumptions, I figured from the giant friendly sign hovering over her head, that this is the go to gal for surplus information. "Excuse me," says I, "we are trying to find the gynecologist by the name of Dr. [so and so]."

The old lady, the one at the information desk, said "the what?"

"The gynecologist. OB/GYN."

She looks at me like I am making stuff up as she says, "I don't know what that is." She then fumbles through her directory before asking, "is that someone who works with children?" Then points to where the pediatricians are.

Ugh. Never mind!

Yeah, why would she know what that is? Dumb question. Stupid me.

She probably grew up before they invented doctors for women. They only had cavemen doctors, not cavewomen; those came much later during the turbulent cretaceous period (stupid cave hippies).

I'd nickname her Ms. Information but she was probably married, married to information that is. Haha! Blegh.

2 comments:

  1. Lucky her. I wish I lived without doctors for women. Or maybe just without doctors for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow that candy striper movie managed to be cheesy AND horrifying. Awesome stuff. I must go barf now.

    ReplyDelete