Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Eclipsed by a Hack

I watched New Moon with Rachel's family yesterday. We all know Twilight sucks (vampire pun) yet somehow here we are watching it. I don't know why.

I guess it makes for a good accidental comedy.

Now Twilight is not the worst film ever. I reserve that award for Plan 9 from Outer Space. That movie, akin to Twilight, is so bad that it is painfully funny.

Twilight, unlike train wrecks like Plan 9 or the Star Wars Holiday Special, is somehow widely successful.

I am an outspoken critic of Twilight, as a proponent for good literature. And that is what bothers me most. It is just bad writing embraced by the public. Blah.

Still the heart of the matter lies with me.

I hate Twilight because Stephanie Meyer, a halfwit with a word processor, managed to create a very "popular" or at least financially successful franchise. I think I get paid $10 for my poem published in Leading Edge. I still don't have my money BTW (I need those two Hot 'N ready pizzas!).

Anyway so my latest attempt at art was posted today on Jonathan Reddoch University. So I need at least one person to read it and tell me Sisohpromatem
is better than Twilight. Or maybe not that story but something. Anything. Tell me this mediocre blog post is better written than a bunch of dark sullen imagery about crystal vampires acting like twelve-year-olds (no offense to twelve-year-olds). I don't need her lucre. I don't need her fame. I just need to know I am better than her.

I just don't want to get eclipsed by a hack. I hope this is the twilight of her career. All well a new dawn is breaking. Something, something, new moon rising pun.

3 comments:

  1. This mediocre blog post is better written than a bunch of dark sullen imagery about crystal vampires acting like twelve-year-olds (no offense to twelve-year-olds).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever wordplay with that whole eclipsed thing, btw.

    ReplyDelete