Monday, July 26, 2010

Happy Look like a Pirate Day!



This a picture of me wearing my nifty iPatch. Why would I be sporting a nifty iPatch you say? It has nothing to do with this weekend's eye water boarding fun; technically, yes it does because it keeps me from crying and having headaches but nonetheless, today marks the first annual Look like a Pirate Day! Hooray!

Yep it's that time again (for the first time). Save your poor pirate lingo for Talk like a Pirate Day; this holiday focuses on pirate garb. Dust off your old Halloween costumes and bust out your typical pirate paraphernalia: parrots (or parakeets if you that's all you got), wooden appendages, monkeys (with or without cute cymbals and vest), plastic swords and flint lock pistols, temporary tattoos, and of course hook hands. Oh and you mustin't forget the iPatch (boasting one for both eye makes you look twice as piratical).

So enjoy the day swabbing the deck matey, or whatever pirates do. Go get ye some Spanish doubloons to add to your booty.

3 comments:

  1. you're a pirate! I think it's pretty awesome. I approve of the picture of you with the eye patch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to look like this.

    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_MmgeKQR2XV8/SwS3vqVKXPI/AAAAAAAAAGM/inqbIMGVroo/s1600/pirate%2Bcartoon.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a monkey with a cymbal and a vest, but it plays "Masquerade" from Phantom of the Opera. Does that count?

    ReplyDelete