Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Care for the Foodless

So the homeless huh? That a tough one. They are without brick and mortar to call their own. They have no place of residence. OK but what the real issue is (or most relevant issue) is more of a dietary nature. A roof is a luxury, at least in non-winter times. Either way it's a moot point because I don't have a bunch of extra houses in my pocket. I'm not made of wooden frames and windows people.

But they can live (at least temporarily) without a house. They can also live without stuff, junk, things, property, possessions, and belongings. They can live without goods, clutter, and "crap." They can live without ribbons. They can live without tags. They can live without packages, boxes, or bags!

But what they need is food, food for hungry bellies. So what if they have no houses. Yes I feel bad, but I can't get them a house and no offense, but as bad as I feel, I am not letting some stinky possibly insane vagabond stay in my apartment where he can strangle my wife all night while I run away in terror.

But food. Food is relatively cheap. They need it more than anything.

I have means to procure it. I don't think a Royale with Cheese is too much to ask.

Here is the problem though. In my experience, I have seen supposed foodless people turn down food at the bequest of money. I heard a guy once tell my friend he wouldn't take her lobster tail because he couldn't handle that fancy stuff, but then asked for money. Too good for lobster?!

But I figure why not give 'em money if you got it. If they are gonna spend it on liquor, then they probably need a good vacation away from their memories. If I were them I would probably need a fix too. Either way, I think hey, I probably gave a fraud a few bucks but it's a good deal for me. For a few dollars I bought a clear conscience.

He gets what he wants. I get what I want. That's capitalism my friend.

But since my subconscious knows I gave money to a fraud, I still have to donate to the food bank, so my subconscious is clear.

Now if I can only buy a clear unconscious.

3 comments:

  1. You can buy sleeping pills. Those clear your unconscious pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, listen to Rachel's advice for a clear unconscious. because she definitely has a clear one, what with all that screaming and thrashing and such she does while she's unconscious...

    ReplyDelete