Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Fifth of July

Happy fifth of July!

Yesterday was Independence Day. That's good. I like this holiday because hot dogs are yummy, capitalism works out well for us haves, and I get a day of freedom off from work.

However, I have never been really much for fireworks. I don't see how they are much different than a broken streetlight flickering on and off. Lite-Brite never impressed me much either.

Confession time: I have never been overly patriotic. I have sort of kept that a secret, not to rain on anyone's celebratory parade. I guess I should be ashamed or something.

Not like I hate America; I root for the U.S. in sports. It's a great place to live. There is opportunity for everyone (even brown foreigners who are treated like they're undeserving of our awesomeness).

I like the U.S. a whole bunch. I think it's the bee's knees. I guess the problem is that bees don't have knees.

No comments:

Post a Comment