Sunday, August 15, 2010

Self-Managed Humor

So the other day I was working (yes working) and I needed to know if self-management is hyphenated or un. (BTW it is!). While Google searching for "self-management" I came across the comic below. I stared at it for several minutes trying to "get it." I don't get. Please explain it.

OK I did actually realize after a few minutes that this comic isn't actually supposed to be funny unless you think it's funny the patient is sad and the doctor is smiling (sadist). But we can fix the lack of jokey jokes by rewriting the dialogue.


We can come up with new doctor and patient dialogue and a new prescription or whatever that yellow paper is.

Crappy Example:

Doctor: Charlie, you have diabetes from all the chocolate you've been eating over the years. Here is your Rx.

Charlie: A Golden Ticket! But to where??

Yellow paper: Foot Amputation

2 comments:

  1. Doctor: Your results from the x-ray are in.

    Patient: Is that from my insurance company?

    Paper: Claim denied.

    ReplyDelete