Monday, August 23, 2010

Der Wienerschnitzel!

So my last last (maybe not the last) semester of school starts next week. I am taking the bane of my college existence, German, which I saved for last. I am not taking just one under credited, over graded, over worked juggernaut of things I will learn incorrectly and forget later; I am taking two. Yes double banes! German 201 and 202. This is gonna suck. That's 10 hours a week for two classes. Blegh. Ich bin something something nicht glucklich. Oh I forgot an umlaut. 5 points off, dummy.

Blast it all. I only took German in high school to go to Germany on my mission. Instead I went to Ohio, where they call vacuum cleaners sweepers. Do I get any credit at all for that? Not one measly credit.

German is straight up ruining my life. I could have graduated a year ago if it weren't for Deutsche.

I know what you're thinking (because you're predictable). Why don't I take Spanish? And I will ignore the part about me being Mexican. I am not taking Spanish because 1) Why should I? 2) I can't roll my Rs (or tacos) 3) I would have to start from el scratcho.

People always say wouldn't Spanish be more useful? I guess. I don't really know anyone (non-illegal?) who speaks Spanish but not English, so no it's only useful if I need to talk to gardeners or janitors. Actually I could have helped when I was a cook at Winger's.

Y de que color son tus pantelones?

Now that you all think I am racist (except for the Arizonans who are applauding the word illegal), I guess I'll just end this feisty fiesta by saying der wienerschnitzel, ya'll!

3 comments:

  1. hahaha, you could always practice rolling your R's and your tacos at the same time. you can only eat a taco after you've already successfully rolled an R and successfully rolled a taco

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's really good at rolling his eyes, Kristina, as evidenced by this blog posting.

    And Jonathan: How did you get 201 and 202 in the same semester? Isn't that fundamentally wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything German is fundamentally wrong (sorry, Josh).

    ReplyDelete