Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Hint of Genius

OK so I started putting idiotic quotes of the day on Facebook from morons who comment on news articles.

But today I got one on a mutual friend's post. Then he deleted his idiocy in a frail attempt to sweep up his pollutant thoughts from the world. But never fear, I saved them through the magic of being emailed his replies.

Let me spell it out for ya.

Original Facebook post was by someone who simply linked to this article:

Taxi driver stabbed after passenger asks if he's Muslim

Then some people said something blah blah tolerance. Blah blah stab a man for his religion?

Then someone says:

Yeah its almost as bad as walking into a crowded market and blowing up yourself and and dozens of others with a vest loaded with nails and shards of metal and glass because of their religious faith. and then taking care of the bombers family by offering food and monetary support for their "martyr" ......[sic]

Then here comes my response:

That's what he gets for blowing up the World Trade Center and then building a mosque on Ground Zero.

Then I get this gem from David the Asian (you know how they all are [insert sarcmark here]):

"@Jonathan... Seriously? Because you know without a shadow of a doubt that this man planned and executed the attack on the World Trade Center? If you're going to generalize that much I have an idea for you. Hey, my family is Asian (people like you generalize so much, we're pretty much all the same) so someone in my family surely had something to do with the planning and attack of Pearl Harbor. Why don't you send someone our way and have them attack my family and me because we just "deserve" it, right?"

Then the same person that commented above about the bombing said:

I think it was sarcastic... that what I got out of it...

I reply with simply, Too subtle?

Then an email informs me of the following (he deleted his comments). I present to you the idiotic quote of the year:

David wrote:
"I don't care if it was sarcasm. Whenever someone says crap like that it always has a hint of true feelings behind it. So next time why don't you keep your stupid ass sarcastic comments to yourself."

And it ends with what I hope is sarcastic enough that the message gets across. I present the most sarcastic comment ever:

Well David, you are obviously a genius. Satirist are known thorughout
[sic]
history as being dumb and believing what they are saying. . .. Jonathan Swift for example was regarded as a baby eater, as I am sure you are aware.

I guess there is a hint of genius in his words.

3 comments:

  1. People never use sarcasm because they find an idea so ridiculous that pointing out all its many flaws would take too long. It is also never used to point out the idiocy of others. It is solely a vehicle for expressing one's true inner feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I could totally see where this David guy is coming from. (Not because I'm Asian, either.) Unless he knew you well enough to get who you are, it's easy to take your comment seriously because there really are people who feel that way. That's the disadvantage of online communication.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see how he would misinterpret the first comment, because sometimes people do mean things like that. But it's ridiculous to say that every sarcastic comment reveals the speaker's true feelings.

    ReplyDelete