Monday, April 12, 2010

The Price Is Wrong

Bob Barker spent years ending The Price Is Right by asking people to spay or neuter their pets. He must have influenced millions in this way. I know I am just one man but my goal is to undermine Barker's efforts. You see Disneyland was giving away 1 million free tickets in their Give a Day, Get a Day program. You "give" a "day" and get a free day at Disneyland. So by give it means volunteering and by a day it means as little time and effort as I can sign up for.

What does Disneyland have to do with Bob Barker you ask impatiently? Calm down and I will tell you. Anyhoo Rachel and I signed up to deliver fliers for the Humane Society of Utah. The fliers urged Utahns to spay and neuter their cats and dogs. So Disney's website promised us that The Inhumane Society of Utah would contact us within 5 days to set up a time to pick up our fliers. They NEVER contacted us.

Then before we got around to signing up for something else, Disney reached its goal. Upon revisiting the Give a Day, Get a Day page, Disney apologized for running out but urged us to volunteer anyway. Oh I'll volunteer my time, talents, and efforts all right. I vow to volunteer my time fighting spaying and neutering by any means necessary. The price is wrong Bob. The price you will pay for betrayal, that is.

Here are the bumper sticker slogans I came up with to promote rampant kitten and puppy making by unwed animals:

1 comment: