Thursday, April 15, 2010

Continued Bad Luck with Potlucks

I was so worried about forgetting to bring rolls I had signed up to bring to my work potluck, I bought them three days ago and left them in the back seat. Got the rolls? Check.

I also signed up to bring cheese because they needed more cheese and I had a Costco-sized thingy of delicious munster. I was soooo worried I would forget the cheese (can't leave that in the car. . .or can I?) that I worried about it all night until I left a note for myself on my computer "Don't forget the cheese!" Even after seeing the note and still almost forgetting it on the kitchen counter, my super cheese-forgetting anxiety subsided as I had it in hand as I walked out the door. Got the cheese? Check.

Made it to work very early. I am also super anxiety ridden if I have to walk into a potluck late, even though my schedule starts half an hour into it. Incidentally, I also hate being early to potlucks. On time? Check.

Last time I went to the wrong potluck. Wasn't gonna happen this time. No sir-ee. Checked calendar for location? Check.

It was not there. Say wha? Was it cancelled? Oh beep, it's tomorrow. Just because the last few were on Thursday, doesn't mean this one is. So now I can have rolls and cheese for lunch like a dirty Frenchman (is it redundant to say dirty Frenchman?). Or I can walk to Arctic Circle (gross). If this was My Life is Average, a ninja would show up and offer me pie without a fork. Maybe next time I will go to the wrong building.

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry your life is so sub-average, at least in the potluck department. Tell me you at least were approached by a random stranger who also forgot the day and high-fived you, then shared her chips and dip that she brought. Guess who has a date on Saturday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. My word was nutbag.

    P.P.S. You better not have a date with a random stranger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha you are the only random strnager I want to go out with.

    Also that is a naughty word, you know right????

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are cute. Except for the dirty Frenchman. He's just dirty, the rotten cheese-eater. And that's rotten cheese...eater, not rotten...cheese-eater.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ellipses don't really help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://comps.fotosearch.com/comp/SUE/SUE102/bag-peanuts_~BBCL0035.jpg

    ReplyDelete