Monday, September 13, 2010

New College Try

So Rachel has been walking to campus most days (except for the days I drop her off) even though we bought her a shiny new bike before school started. You may remember there was some discussion before on this subject. Anyway so Rachel assured me that she wanted a new bike to ride to school. So today was her first day riding it to class even though we bought it a week before school started. She has to ease into it, like a cesstub.

I shoulda known from her wobbly turn around the Target aisles when we bought it that she was unbikeable: she quite nearly crashed headlong into the swimming floaties.

What made her desperate enough to ride her bike today amidst the terror of possibly wobbling to death? She was late. It takes me 10 minutes on my bike from front door to classroom. Anyway so normally it takes her 25 minutes to huff it on foot. Today it took her 30 minutes to bike there. Yes those numbers are accurate.

And she is exhausted. Well, can't say she didn't give it the new college try.

2 comments:

  1. that's kinda pathetic. but I suppose I'll somehow manage to forgive you, Rachel. *dramatic sigh*

    ReplyDelete