Saturday, September 11, 2010

Feeling a Lil' Unpatriotic

OK so if this 9/11 has taught me anything, it is that people are basically the same everywhere. Before you begin assuming that this is a message about how awesome the world is, hold off on your group hug. It is a criticism of humanity.


So it turns out that ignorant intolerance is universal on all fronts. So nine years ago a handful of crazy jihadists, who had their heads filled with idiotic nonsense by a deranged madman, finally accomplished a large-scale attack on the U.S. They got us good. It was pretty awful. Everyone (except the foreign crazies) thinks they suck pretty hard. They do suck pretty hard. We all hope the virgins they receive in the afterlife turn out to be pretty ugly.


Now even though their previous attempts were bungled by incompetence, this was finally the time we decided these cave dwelling Neanderthals posed a real threat. So we invaded a few sorta-indirectly related countries (something about nukes or they had the same skin color as terrorists?). I am not sure why but well, we did and that’s done. OK so blood for oil? Maybe. I don’t know but it was real expensive. Bombs are bad investment: they have a very low return on investment.


So then a tiny minority of Muslims who have only said good things about how great and tolerant America is (jokes on them) want to serve Muslims (and I guess everyone) in the rather large area of lower Manhattan with a place to swim, exercise, learn to cook, and a place to pray together.


The community center AKA mosque was patterned after a local popular YMCA (the C stands for Christian). Apparently the YMCA must also resemble some sort of terrorist training camp. They learn to swim across borders and cook bombs at the Y?


Anyway, so some people think this is an insult to those who died in 9/11. Which is the most ironic thing I have ever heard. If they died for anything, let’s call it freedom. Actually they didn’t die for anything because I assume they wanted to live. But they died because of a very small minority of crazy a-word-holes


I can give you a bunch of metaphors of why this is completely stupid, but chances are you have made up your mind either way. Anyway so to continue, now some complete jack-a-word with the world’s ugliest mustache, wants to burn Korans because—well he is just a complete dumb-a-word. That’s all there is to it. Seriously he should burn that mustache off.


Afghans and Iraqis experience terrorism from groups like the Taliban every day. Maybe they should ban Mosques in their country. Anyway so before I get too excited about that, now we have Afghani people making the same f-word-ing mistake as mustachio man. They (some of them) are shouting “Death to America” now and burning stuff. All because one idiot with a mustache wanted to burn some Korans? WTF? That’s freaking stupid.


Anyway Rachel probably doesn’t want to take credit for this because she doesn’t like people to hate her but she put it really well the other day. She said that if someone is afraid of women, then it is not her fault nor her responsibility to stay more than two blocks away from them


The Islamic center shouldn’t be held accountable for people’s personal problems (AKA lack of understanding of who they think they should hate). Sounds to me like the 70% of the New Yorkers against the Muslim community center have some irrational fears that they need to work out. Obamacare should cover their obvious need for a massive amount of shrinkage (psychotherapy).


And if it is a sensitivity issue, I just have to say that is surprising coming the city with a reputation for being the rudest city in the country. I bet they said the same thing to Rosa Parks. I know some racists honkies were really insulted by that sitting too close the front of the bus thing too.


But since dumb people don't know they are dumb I could be dumb and not know it. JK. I know I am dumb. If I were smart, I would not criticize Americans on Patriot Day (but on the bright side I also criticized some foreigners too).


I guess I am just feeling a lil' unpatriotic today. I promise to hate Islams tomorrow for the good of the nation.

5 comments:

  1. Honestly, I think it's all really sad (as in tragic). Everyone makes the same mistakes over and over again (hatred, generalizing from a small sample about a group they don't understand, etc.) See, even I did it. I said "everyone" when I meant some very vocal people. I guess nobody's immune (because I'm not, and some other people aren't).

    ReplyDelete
  2. They SHOULD convert to Christianity, but that's not my point. I never said burning a Koran is as bad as banning a YMMA (how did we come up with this ridiculous term??), I said they were both unnecessarily provocative. I just don't think it's safe for Muslims to establish a building in that region or fair for Americans to suffer the constant painful reminder of the terrorist attack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never said you said it was the same, crazy head. I don't think Muslims living in that area should not have a place to worship/shoot hoops because it might upset people who don't care enough to know the difference. How is a Mosque even close to a reminder of 9/11? I could see banning Two Towers, airplanes, and box cutters but a swimming pool didn't crash into anything. It won't even have the infamous dome that people associate so closely with terrorism. Besides as Rachel and the real news points out, no Mosque anywhere is free from persecution in this wonderful free nation of ours so they might as well get hated for the location they already paid for and got approved a year ago. Their chances of getting burned down are about the same either way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fine. You win. I disagree with it, but I'm not arguing it anymore. We're not going to agree on this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No you win. I still disagree. But you can say Rachel wins.

    ReplyDelete