Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Mirage Counseling

So Rachel found an ad for some study trying to determine the effects of marriage counseling on physical health. She nagged me for weeks dressed in a bathrobe, slippers, and hair curlers while shouting "when are you gonna call 'em" while waving a rolling pin in the air. The answer of course being when I was good and ready. As you can tell from that interaction we clearly don't need marriage counseling but Rachel wanted the money from participating.

I clandestinely was putting it off because I didn't want marriage counseling, and for good reason. You see, I am a terrible husband. It's a secret so don't tell anyone, especially Rachel. You see some sort of chemical reaction in her brain area has caused her to ignore this otherwise obvious factoid. Marriage counseling would ruin all that. The jig, as they say, would be up.

Anyway so I finally tricked myself into the deal and called. They asked us a few questions then randomly assigned us to the control group, meaning they will pay us mucho monero (Spanish for mucho dinero) just to wear some medical junk two days and have some blood taken and blood pressure measured. No counseling for us.

So this whole time I was worried about a mirage. Now I am sad. After I talked myself into liking the idea. No counseling! What a rip! Gimmie free counseling!

2 comments:

  1. It's a good thing. We get paid for an hour of our time instead of spending all that time in counseling, which would be worthless because, as we both know, I don't talk to strangers.

    And I don't wear slippers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a study like that! My blood pressure peaked at work and went down the second I got home. Tony, on the other hand, had higher blood pressure at home than at work. I think that is indicative of our marriage.

    Also, you know that our work provides counseling for free, right? Just thought you should know. Now you have no excuses.

    ReplyDelete