Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Internet Is Cloudy with a Chance of Laziness

So science supposedly solves the mysterious of the world with knowledge and reason while religion is all superstition and magic with its explanation of things and stuff. That’s cool. So why is it that I can’t get a logical reasonable explanation to what the Internet is and where it came from and who is in charge of it?

A few weeks ago, my roommate Fitzy and I were wondering what is this Internet exactly and how does it work? We turned to the scriptures first but it wasn’t in there. Just kidding we actually turned to the Internet of all places. “Explain yourself!” we demanded. A Google search provided diagrams of the Internet. Here are a few for your consideration.

These two were used as part of an explanation of what the Internet was.







What the frig? A cloud, really? That is how you explain it? That is just stupid. They couldn’t take the time to really think this through and explain it in adult language. I feel like I am being patronized. This isn’t nursery school. Sure I am only an English major but I have seen computers, in books mostly. They frighten me a little (I don’t like voodoo).
The following are more examples showing the Internet in its natural beauty.



















You will note the source of this enlightening diagram above: it's from the Computer Desktop Encyclopedia.













Laziness. If I weren’t even lazier than them I would be so angry.



2 comments:

  1. To a trained scientific mind, it's obvious what these diagrams are trying to say. Clouds are naturally formed when water condenses high above our heads. The internet was naturally formed when data condensed. It is different from clouds because it doesn't float above our heads but between our computers. The other difference is that we can't normally see the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To a trained mind, it's obvious that you are a nerd.

    ReplyDelete