Monday, February 8, 2010

Предложение

So here is the epic tale of my предложение. So first I let my future fiancée trick herself into thinking I would propose in March. Sucker, hahahaha. Then I planned on Valentine’s Day thinking she won’t be suspicious if I took her to a nice dinner and spent mucho money. Then a friend suggested I move the date ahead a week because I am apparently super predictable. So I moved it ahead a week. The night of the предложение I picked my intended to be up from work with flowers and ice cream in hand. I had suggested an impromptu tour of nearby Mormon temples.


Firts we visited the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. It was raining a little but I had an umbrella ready for our stroll. We talked about it and felt it was a little blocky for our taste.





After that we made our way to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple, which is brand new and very pretty. It looks too much like the Lincoln Memorial for me. We had a quick walk around while the gatekeeper man closed up. Luckily, we thought, the Jordan River Temple is really close (just on the other side of South Jordan).







We made our way to the Jordan River Temple, and snuck in through the exit lane. The lights were off and few cars remained in the parking lot. We were not there two minutes before a car pulled beside us to tell us it was closed. The picture below is how I wished it were.







So I pulled into a nearby residential street where we could still see the unlit spire. I pulled out a bottle of Martinelli’s and two plastic wine glasses (classy right?). Then I realized I didn’t have a bottle opener. I tried opening it on the curb. I tried my teeth. I tried a metal thingy next to a tree and it made fizz go everywhere. I finally had to smash the neck and pour the goodness out that way. Then I told Rachie there was something for her in the glove box. “Altoids?” she asked, “Are you trying to tell me something?” I said to keep looking. She found a little giftbox with a cute bow. She opened it and found a ring box inside, which was empty. I laughed and said that I got that box from her brother who was also proposing. She laughed with a slight disappointment. Then I got on one knee with the ring sentimentally inside a disco ball.

I said “Rachel P. Bohman, will you marry me?”
She said yes and started crying.

The End.

5 comments:

  1. WHAT'S THE HOLD UP?!?! Ring picture, please!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are the rest of your pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was too busy having make-up make-out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just cried a little....sweet love story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...i just want to say it's awesome that you used russian of all languages to describe your proposal. me likey. oh, and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete