Monday, December 20, 2010

The Inverse of the Antonym of Anticlimactic

So this is the way college ends, not with a bang but a whimper. Well that's cool.

So this is graduation, and what I have I done?

Basically I am trained in mixing poetic allusion with personal essays like yesterday's blog.

I learned how to do research for the sake of arguing with people on Facebook.

I learned how to participate in discussions on literature; in other words, a degree in English = degree in book clubbing (more PC than seal clubbing).

I learned to bull chicken* anything about anything.

In other words I have obtained a degree useful for blogging. Yep, that is what I can do with my official credentials.

Also I learned how to write stuffily by inserting metadiscourse. Hence, therefore here will inserted the conclusive portion of my blog post as I have done so in like manner with my degree of English from Brigham Young University, the climax of which will be written in the voice of the passive variety, and thus ended is my blog such as the final semester at my chosen institutionalization of higher learning facility, being of the manner of non-hyper-climatic, being rather the inverse, or to say simply that it was of a length that was longer than necessary and somewhat of the characterization of anticlimactic.


 

*Psst, read yesterdays blog for explanation of bull chicken

2 comments:

  1. That's cool. It could be a lot more of a bang if you would let me take you to dinner. Or celebrate it at all.

    Also, there are worse things you could do than blog. I like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will make you a banner displaying your blogging talents, highlighted by your bachelor's "BA" on the bottom of the sheet of paper.

    Sadly, now that I think of it, my banner-making skillz might be the only talent granted by my degree. At least you have this blog.

    ReplyDelete