Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Shakes and Flakes

More Chirstmas song observations. First Coke's Christmas commercial urges us to "shake, shake, shake up the happiness." I have tried that (usually not on purpose) and let me tell you, not a good idea. It ruins the happiness (AKA Coke) and you end up making a mess. Happiness goes in my mouth not all over my shirt and carpet. Happiness = Coke bee tee dubs; it's not meant to sound suggestive (if it sounds weird, talk to the good people at the Coca Cola Company).

On a different note (haha note get it), why can't anyone commit to being somewhere for Christmas?

"Please come home for Christmas. If not for Christmas by New Year's night." If not New Year's night, how about President's Day? MLK Day? Summer solstice? Please?

"Through the years, we'll all be together" . . ."If the fates allow. [emphasis added]" You're leaving this one up to the fates huh? Really going with the Greek mythology copout? I will make it home for Easter, unless I get held up by the Cyclops. I will be there for Thanksgiving, unless that darn Minotaur lobs my head off. More like Dionysus won't allow ya, you lush. I hope Zeus zaps your butt with a lithenining bolt on Valentine's Day.

"I'll be home for Christmas" [dot do dot] "if only in my heart." Is it that hard to secure your travel arrangements early? You just said "You can count on me"! So you demand mistletoe and snow and presents but you aren't even confident that you'll make it there at all in reality? Tell you what Bing, you put the mistletoe up your own (dot dot dot) heart. You can count on that (homeboy).

2 comments:

  1. Bah humbug. Thanks for providing disillusionment during the Christmas season. I can always count on you. :P

    ReplyDelete