Monday, October 18, 2010

Troll Fest 2010

OK so I learned what the word troll means today.

Not this troll. Or this one. Or even this one.

Now, apparently it is someone who says stuff on the Internet of computers to purposefully get an emotional response out of another cyber individual. That is a terrible thing to do. I guess. Actually it sounds kind of fun (and as you will see below, was kind of fun). But then again, I am a huge jerk so, well, there ya go.

Here is the Facebook interaction I had earlier today with someone. As you will see, as soon as I learned what trolling was, I really took hold of the idea.

(Let's change the name of the other guy for safety sake.)

First a tad more background. Someone had posted a link explaining that terrorism exists only because Muslims hate our foreign policy. Well sure they do. And the terrorists are also kind of a little crazy too. Maybe that's a controversial way of thinking (apparently?) but it seems fairly reasonable that someone willing to commit mass murder is a one scoop of paprika shy of a Tzatziki, am I right! I looked up the recipe (paprika is important).

Anyway so here is what happened when I made one comment about the possibility of a slight schism in the perception of reality by a small group of individuals who spent a little too much time in the sun getting yelled at (or too much time in a cave yelling at).

I had to look up the term. Then I couldn't resist the urge to actually troll him with my last comment about the apology. Now that's some good trolling right? Right? You're dumb! Ha, react to that negatively! Sorry, getting carried away with the trolling a bit.

But did Poop Noggin mean we were trolling, or just me? I pretended it was just him (that's the trolling part). Because I was just trying to make a simple point that the actual terrorists who represent a small portion of the Islamic world are a little crazy then we had to go and start a whole festival in celebration of trolls (just like a Scandinavian we is). Anyway I like the idea that he meant just me. That would mean I was an entire troll fest all by myself.


Troll Fest 2010!

2 comments:

  1. I learned more about tzatziki than actual foreign policy in this post. Poop Butt needs to get his trolling facts straight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had good points in the troll-fest; I agreed with them. Poop-features just forgot what he/she was talking about and didn't want to sound unknowledgeable. Happens to me all the time.

    ReplyDelete