Monday, November 1, 2010

My Halloween “Costume”

So as mentioned, I had the "idea" of being scare quotes for my Shalloween "costume" this year. So here it is for your viewing "pleasure."

If you don't know what scare quotes are, then here is a definition from the free online "encyclopedia" Wikipedia ("perfect" examples are used throughout this "blog" post):

Scare quotes are quotation marks placed around a single word or phrase to indicate that the word or phrase does not signify its literal or conventional meaning. In contrast to the nominal typographic purpose of quotation marks, the enclosed word(s) are not necessarily quoted from another source.




Also the quotes on the back are "scary" quotes not actual scare quotes but I was making a pun so don't get confused by thinking too hard about this.

4 comments:

  1. "I" think "I'm" beginning to understand scare "quotes." "This" is right,isn't "it"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because the voting was anonymous, I have to tell you something that someone e-mailed me on Friday (who will not be named because of the whole anonymity thing):

    "I vote for Jonathan. And Amanda R. would vote for him, too. So I think you should cast her vote in his direction. In fact, you should use the votes of everyone who is not working today to vote for Jonathan."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for Ike. I like Ike. I also like this blog.

    ReplyDelete