Sunday, March 21, 2010

Bad Luck Potluck

K so the other day we had a St. Patrick's potluck at work. Yea potlucks! I brought wheat rolls. Thursdays are a half day for me so I come in at 11:30 usually but the potluck was scheduled at 11 so I hurried in to get there ASAP. I arrived a little after 11 into the office. I didn't bother checking email or even my calendar info. I went to the conference room where the previous month's potluck was held. I saw a bunch of people milling around chatting who look fairly familiar. More importantly I recognized a table filled with a smorgasbord of goods brought from home (many an unnatural shade of green). Random food items on table = potluck.

I put my rolls down and started loading my plate up with cannelloni, salad, and delicious vittles. I almost got to the green chocolate ball things when someone I didn't know approached me and said, "are you in the right potluck?"

I was in the wrong one. My potluck was on the sixth floor. She let me keep my plate as I slithered silently off to my desk where I quickly devoured my first plate. Then I found the "real" potluck and explained "sorry I am late. I went to the wrong potluck."

Someone asked me if I had had enough and I said, "no I am saving room. I have another potluck after this one." I probably owe my bad luck to not being Irish. Bad luck and stupidity.

3 comments:

  1. 1. This is hilarious! I am glad I'm not the only one who does this.

    2. I know it's not St. Patrick's Day anymore, and I know I'm not Irish, but you can kiss me anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa PDA! Save the kissing for the honeymoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? How'd they even know you didn't belong there? I love St. Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete