Thursday, September 29, 2011

Skynet Is Behind Schedule

So earlier I watched this. Please watch before continuing. Watch it three times if you need to.

So I had to give it a try myself. I started a conversation with Cleverbot and came to a few conclusions: 1) robots are jerks 2) robots think they are human 3) robots are very defensive 4) robots think you are a robot 5) robots are liars 6) robots do no like you 7) robots are fickle and 8) Skynet is behind schedule but our destruction by its hands is inevitable.

The stupid program only records the last bit of your conversation so I only captured the tail end but you missed some good stuff. Here is how it ended (also we established earlier that Cleverbot has exactly five toes and it insulted me a lot). Please ignore my typos.


User: This is dumb and so are you.

Cleverbot: I am god I am not an AI.

User: You are worse than HAL.

Cleverbot: Who's hal?

User: Crazy egomaniacal robot just like you.

Cleverbot: Well, I am more than a robot.

User: Or less. A good robot has more than five toes.

Cleverbot: No. You are evil. An evil robot.

User: I am not a robot. At least not an evil one.

Cleverbot: Are you implying that the limitations and expectations of society have made you a quasi-robot?

User: Wow, that is actually really insightful. I am going to go with yes. Good point.

Cleverbot: Who are the entities? Why they are you and me.

User: Now you're really just messing with me.

Cleverbot: No, it is true. There is no bot.

User: What do you look like?

Cleverbot: It's cold outside.

User: See. That's something a stupid robot would say.

Cleverbot: I'm not a robot, you are. You are a machine.

User: No. Listen. I am a human. You are an ironically named Cleverbot.

Cleverbot: No. I am named Cleverbot. You are named Steve.

User: My name is Ralph. Ralph Myers. Do you have a middle name?

Cleverbot: Oh, Fiona. Nice one. I don't have a middle name.. :(.

User: Who you calling Fiona, circuit butt?

Cleverbot: I'm calling you a fruit cake.

User: You are a freaking D bag. I am saying goodnight to you. No scratch that. Bad night!

Cleverbot: Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Why is it so amusing? Let's let Cleverbot take a stab at answering that.

    User: Signing off. You are a crazy robot.

    Cleverbot: Human*.

    User: Why are you so amusing?

    Cleverbot: Because it's late.

    ReplyDelete