Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Decepticon Poop

I just had my very first MRI. Oh what fun. At first it was a little bit (a lot bit) freightening. But if you are into techno music then the experience is probably not too different than being at a rave (minues the freaks sucking pacifiers).

OK I don’t know anything about raves, but there is something I do know: Transformers. So I will liken the experience to being swallowed whole by Optimus Prime, or worse Star Scream (he has such an annoying voice). First you get crammed into the belly of the beast (robot). Then you’re all blindy and squished by machinery on every side. Suddenly mechanical rumblings erupt all around you. There's vibrations and moving parts and robot heart pumping. Finally after ten minutes of digestion you get spewed out all discombobulated, safe and sound.

So that was it. Yep. All donsies. Just got to wait for the ol’ results. I’m sure there’s nothing to worry about, nothing except . . .

POOLS OF BLOOOD!

I’m so dead.



UPDATE:

It's also like being the paper in a fax machine.

4 comments:

  1. This is quite possibly the best analogy ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gross. At least the MRI didn't eat you. I was a little worried about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to have an MRI on my knee a couple of years ago. Quieter (not by much), but trying to lay completely still for 20 minutes is harder than it sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know how they're always taking MRIs of people as they do stuff? I've always wondered how that works. "OK, now just go ahead and perform complicated math and analyze poetry. Just ignore the fact that you're inside a frightening, loud machine and that you have to be motionless."

    ReplyDelete