Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Meat Coins

OK, so a ways back I went to Paradise Bakery with some work peeps. I looked over the menu and ordered the meatball sammich pictured below:



It's the one with the balls of meat in it.



This is what the fools handed me:


Mmmmm, flat bread.

My first thought: ha! they forgot to add the meatballs. They're a bakery, so at least the bread looks great. So I opened the bready meal and revealed the real problem:



Meat coins?

They cut one measly meatball into two tiny halves and called it good.

Let's revist that menu for a closer look:



It does say "Meatball" singular. . .


What. The. Fuh.

There's at minimum six whole meatballs, balls, not meat coins, not meat slivers, not meat poker chips. Anyway that's it. I yelled and ordered something else. End of story.

P.S., Some time later I ate this and all was well:



A good meatball sandwich has portions too wide for a normal human mouth.


P.S.S. Today I was responsible for a large conference at work. We had Zupas.

2 comments:

  1. It wouldn't fit in their panini press until they make the meat thinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally false advertising! My only question is why you didn't complain and ask for the other four meatballs to eat separately. It only makes sense.

    ReplyDelete